Friday evening Rules & Handicap Clinic just to get you to start thinking about the season.
No questions are too stupid, bring them all. We can just fireside chat in the Golf Shop about setting up your handicap and our local and USGA rules that are in place.
You need to recognize that the two books above are very different from what they have been in the past. The layouts have changed and the way you use them. The definitions are now listed in the BACK of the book.
- The old Rules of Golf had only 50 definitions, the 2019 version has 74.
- There are now 24 Rules of Golf. This is 10 Rules less than we had in 2018.
- Besides learning the new Rules of Golf, you will also need to:
- Be aware that there are many Rules changes that have not been highly publicized. Do not assume that anything is the same!
- With so many changes to the current Rules of Golf – you should never make a ruling in 2019 without having The Rules of Golf in your hands.
- I suggest downloading the USGA Rules of Golf 2019 App on your phone as well. This way you are never without help!
One last tip, LEARN the new language and then USE the new language! It’s a big change but if you start making the effort to learn now, you can really make yourself valuable to your membership in playing correctly.